Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Today I really learned just how good of a memory Mav has it's crazy the things he can remember most think because he is for the most part non verbal (only uses a few words on his own) that he just isn't there but he surely is he is a smarty and I remind people of that all the time. Anyways back to the memory today like usual on Wed we headed to my moms house my cousin and her son are staying with mom for a few days and the boy has a Game Cube I have no idea about it but sitting watching Mav play this game cube thing with my cousin was way cool he loved the thing(played a ATV and car game). Mav decided he needed a break so when he went to do his own thing my cousin put the gamer up and when Mav came out again he was looking all over for it he knew right where he left it and it wasn't there so we had a "Nice" meltdown AHHH! He eventually found it and they played it again so I had to explain how his world is pictures and how he has this photographic memory. Then we decided after dinner to take a walk well my Uncle lives next door to my mom we haven't been to his house in awhile since fall maybe anyways he hollered at Mav so of course the Dude took off running for Unc's made it up the drive, the stairs and into the house before I could get to the stairs he was on a mission so he gets inside and goes straight for the living room looks all around searching for something then it dawned on us the toys he knows there were toys in that exact spot the last time he was there and they aren't now so he throws off his coat and hat and begins searching till I told him come on time to go outside. There are plenty of adventures to be had at Unc's so Mav really likes it there and Unc treats him like his is "Big Man" not like he is a child with Autism or like he is any different then any of the other kids even though he knows you have to pay closer attention to Mav.
Today Mav didn't really have a good or bad day it just wasn't a day like it usually is he was a little "off" it seemed today. He was onery, emotional, and had quite a few meltdowns which were not fun at all they were the AHHH what is going on today kind. I think it may have something to do with the weather since it has been up and down lately and there is probably a full moon coming soon. I know it may sound crazy but the full moon and weather change can really mess that kid up kinda like PMS for a chick you can always tell when it's coming, while it's there, and when it has ended.
Smiles till tomorrow~

*I know that some teachers may be reading this so this is a note for you*
I am sorry for the run on sentences I know that they are bad and a big no no but I have to get thoughts down before I loose them so please ignore my mistakes and read on. Thanks!

No comments: