Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I was actually asked my opinion by a Dr he wanted to know what i think really works with a child who has Autism since Mav is doing well he has changed since the first time the Dr saw him a year ago.Me ? Mandy Koeppen you want my opinion wow never been asked that one before but I had an answer.want to hear my answer? Living everyday life, teaching everyday skills, Get into the world of Autism everyone always wants to bring the child into this world and if ya really think about it is this world really normal? Try going into their world it does get you somewhere. Don't label the child Autistic refer to them as this is so and so my child with Autism you don't go around saying oh this is my cancer child instead you say this is my child who has cancer same goes with Autism I think.I think it's hard for alot of people to understand the label thing but for me He is still Mav not Autistic Mav he is Mav who has Autism, The Autism doesn't come first Mav does.Treat them real they are someone too, they are not dumb heck most are smarter then you and me,treat them like you treat your "A" typical child(I know you can't do this with everything but alot of things you can) and Love I can't express this enough love them and they will love you back they may not show it the same way you or I do most of the time it's in their own way. Can you believe the Dr agreed with me this is a man that has a sentence of this and that's after his name and me I have nothing special, I never stepped a foot into college, I have no fancy degree hanging in a frame on the wall, I am just your average (I hope average) momma that loves her child and wants to make a difference.It really made me feel good if you couldn't tell lol. The Dr also told me what a good job I am doing with Mav and how wonderful and beautiful my child is. Love that! Thanks for reading this and letting me ramble I hope I made sense.

The month has come to an end but I will still be posting on this blog so please come back and check to see what's happening with Mav, Autism, and raising awareness. I am still on a mission raising Autism Awareness one person at a time. I will make a difference for Mav!
I thank you all so much for your support! Much love Mandy Koeppen

No comments: