Saturday, April 11, 2009

Sorry long post

I'm sorry for not posting yesterday it was an eventful day for me and so long and so tiring. Mav and I started the day out by sleeping in then heading out to run errands before going to Grand Rapids for the Dr. We made a stop at Miss Carolyn's house to pick up diapers and woolies(wool pants) Mav loves going to her house she's got some cool toys and he loves his pants. Thank you Carolyn for the wonderful diapers and woolies we love them!!!Then we were off to the DR things went ok at the DR he added a medicine then checked Mav over ordered a Electrocardiogram, then told me to make an appointment with the pediatrician because Mav's breathing he thinks is due to Mav's nostrils they aren't open very much he couldn't take a full look with that light thingy they shove in your nose and look at your throat with. Then he tells me to make sure the Pediatrician checks Mav's adenoids and tonsils because they are large and probably need to be taken out. At this time my mind is whirls and I'm thinking are you serious?come one. He says I know that you have so much your dealing with but be persistent about this and I'm sorry to give you one more thing to worry about. at that time I'm kinda numb so I tell him ya know what don't be sorry I'm getting use to the fact that every time we see a DR there is something more wrong, there's another test to be done, more this or that I mean heck the last DR told us we'd never get to the bottom of everything medically wrong with Mav because he is such a complicated case. Don't feel sorry for me. Then he says do you have any questions well after going over this and that listening to this and that seriously I don't even know what I'm thinking there's so much swirling around how am I going to ask a question I'll call next week with my 50 questions. On to the cardiogram we go this was ok not fun to put it mildly we did have a very nice and patient nurse for this thank goodness. Mav flips out at the sound, sight, feel of that white paper they put on exam tables at the Dr offices and she wants him laying on his back with the wires and machine at his head um not happening he flips to his tummy screams and crys grabs her sticky monitor things and sticks one to his back yep that's what your getting from the dude. She tried to flip him over to do it and he was having no part of that so she let me put him on my lap hold and chat with him while she tried to do the test we did it a few times and she was ok with what she got i guess cause Mav was done and so was I. We drove the almost hour back to town to get the dudes meds only to find out you need prior approval to get the meds so they weren't going to fill it till they talked to the DR and that might be Monday come on what else could go wrong is what I'm thinking at this point so I called the DR office talked to our wonderful nurse Barb she called within 5 minutes had approval and the pharmacy fillin the meds. Got his meds headed to Gpa and Gma by this time he passed out and it was 5pm we started in the car at 10:45am. We get to Gpa and Gmas and remember i asked what more could go wrong I should have kept my mouth shut because they tell me Avery took a spill from the pony (she fell off) and her arm is hurt so I look (she was sleeping) she has it wrapped up and when she wakes all she does is cry. I headed home with all the kids meet Louis and head back to the walk in clinic Urgent care place. I am at the point I don't want to step foot into another medical facility again anytime soon at least till Wednesday when Mav has his orthopedic appointment. Ok back to Miss A we waited for over an hour went back had Xrays then the Dr came in as far as she can tell Avery's wrist is sprang but she is going to have a radiologist look at the Xrays today to make sure. Finally headed home at 8 something pm after having one wrist wrapped and getting A's McDonald's. It was so good to be home ahh the couch felt so nice seeing Louis was nice. SO this my friends was why I did not post yesterday I felt bad but was so tired and ready to just relax and not have to think or do anything. Will try to post some pictures later my cousin and her 3 kids are coming over to spend the day with us.Have a great day all thanks for stopping by and reading.

xoxo
~Mav's Momma

3 comments:

Meghan said...

You poor Momma...he did awesome at my house. I feel for you, you do a great job taking care of him =) Hope today is better.

Heather Landry said...

Just reading this makes me tired! We have had days like that. I feel your pain! I hope that your daughter's arm feels better soon, and that Mav's meds are just right for him. Prayers as far as his tonsils and all go. We haven't had to deal with that yet! (Knock on wood!) I hope today is better and that you have a wonderful Easter!

Lisa said...

Whoa Mandy! What a day! Hope things have gone better since then. I'll be saying prayer for strength, endurance and patience...among everything else! Hugs to you girlfriend! XOXO